Personally, I love Twitter! Currently, I look after three separate accounts for clients from three very different industries, and yes, I admit it! I spend far more time on their channels than I do my own!
A little bit of background…
We all know that we’re living in the digital age. Websites, SEO and social media are key to reaching your customers and giving them the brand experience that they’re looking for. The following statistics, courtesy of Hootsuite, give us some background on where Twitter fits into all this!
- There are about 330 million MAUs (monthly active users)
- Hundreds of millions of tweets are sent every day
- It is a popular platform with well educated, urban-dwelling, millennials
- 74% of users access it to keep up with the latest news
- 85% of small and medium businesses say it’s important for customer service
How do you feel about Twitter?
Have you got an account, but aren’t sure what to do with it?
Have you signed up, but you’re a bit of a lurker, dipping in every now and again?
Have you linked your Twitter to your Insta or your Facebook, so that you’re set up for some cross-posting action?
Or maybe the idea of Twitter just confuses you, or fills you with dread?
If this sounds like you, I want to try and change your mind (and your approach!).
What about your business?
Like I said at the beginning, I love Twitter. It’s my favourite of all the social channels, and has been ever since I started to learn about social media. But yes, it’s extremely fast-moving. Yes, the idea of diving head-first into a tweet chat for the first time can be daunting. Yes, you only get 280 characters to get your message across. And yes, you do have to check it regularly and post a number of times a day.
However – the benefits of Twitter can be huge for your business. Here are just a few:
- Twitter is for conversation – it’s so much easier to actually ‘talk’ to people, than on any other platform. Who might you talk to, or network with, that could be of benefit to your business and your customers?
- Build relationships – you are far more likely to be able to build a relationship with an influencer than on other platforms. They’re there, so why not reach out?
- You can reach far more people – the vast majority of accounts are public, and so all tweets are searchable
- Increase your reputation and your authority – you have your ideas and opinions. Why not share them with people working in a similar space? Become a thought leader. Tell people who you are and what you’re about!
- The vast majority of users, use Twitter as a source of news – so give them some! Tell them what’s happening in your business now.
So now what?
If Twitter is something you would like to know more about, but you feel like you need a bit more guidance and reassurance before you dive in, why not come along to my next workshop? We’ll be covering everything from what to say and how to put it; to who you should talk to and when. Plus, I’ll be giving you tips to make sure your profile is working seamlessly for you, and making sure it delivers results for your business.
The next event is on 24th September – so come along, and join the Twitter party!
I also provide a wide range of social media support services for small businesses – to read more about other ways in which I can help your business grow on social, click here.