Why do I love Twitter? There are so many social media channels. You probably have accounts on a number of them for both business and personal reasons. Maybe you’ve tried pretty much everything out there, if you’re a real aficionado. Everyone also has a favourite, and everyone will make their choice for different reasons, whether it be technical; for the user experience; or plain and simple, because that’s where your friends and family are!
Those who are visually-driven will have a natural affinity with Instagram. People who follow the majority will have a Facebook account. Probably they use it to keep up with friends and family. For those wanting to grow their professional presence, LinkedIn is the go-to.
But as for me, sure – I can take an Insta-worthy photo; and I know my way around Facebook analytics. My LinkedIn is up to date, and I’ve even had a look around Vero. Regardless of all that though, Twitter is, and always has been, one of my all-time favourites!
Granted, people either love it or they hate Twitter, but I usually find that’s because they either don’t know how it works, or they just don’t know what to say. So I thought I’d share the reasons why I love it, and see if I can’t change the minds of any doubters out there!
- I love that you can tweet anyone, anywhere in the world, at any time, and that the conversation doesn’t stop. You can get your message in front of whoever you need to, whether they’re customers, influencers, potential collaborators, or even Hollywood royalty!
- I love that you can find out the latest news. From wherever it’s happening. From people who are actually there. And you don’t have to wait for the journalists and their cameras to arrive.
- I love that it’s so great for customer service – people can contact brands, and get a response to their questions and concerns, in real time. Elon Musk is an absolute master at this.
- I love the discussions. There are so many tweet chats out there – from Alzheimer’s support, to weddings, to local and regionally-focussed chat. If you want to connect with like-minded people, on topics of mutual interest, then Twitter is the place to be.
- Conversation is king, but you still key to see great images and video; and you can even use it to talk to your audience, live.